The Literary Press Group of Canada (LPG) is a not-for-profit association of Canadian literary book publishers. With a current membership of about sixty Canadian-owned and -operated publishing houses, the LPG's mandate is to support the growth of Canadian literary culture.
The LPG helps member publishers sell, distribute, and market their books to booksellers, libraries, institutions, as well as directly to readers.
Some of the specific ways the LPG supports its members are:
- to act as an advocate to the various government and funding bodies;
- provide educational opportunities for the enhancement of skills and professional knowledge;
- provide access to a professional sales force and distribution services that represents them to the Canadian (and in some cases, the US) trade book market;
- provide access to advertising opportunities through the LPG ad project;
- and create and implement group marketing initiatives.